Simple things have gone.
Simple things have gone.
Being bad is good.
In lieu with the many great Gmail invitation giveaways, I am tempted to come up with a few suggestions of my own. After all, why waste the evil vibes vibrating within me at the moment, and put them into good use instead?
I would like.. no. I demand:
- you do five somersaults, and spin a pirouette. On Jalan Bukit Bintang – in a striking pink tutu.
- tickets to Europe, but not by plane or by ship. Beam me up or something, so that I can be there in an instant.
- a Renault Kangoo, but not before you paint it in black, with scrolling green codes. Automatic gear too, please.
- you pick a busy junction somewhere in town, sit down in the middle of the road, whip out your laptop, and write a blog entry. There.
- a few immortality potions. Uhm.
- a trip to the real world. Yes, that real world.
- to be a ranger sporting a magical bow, with a certain black panther by my side, treading on the lands of Faerun, or well, just Icewind Dale.
- Keanu Reeves, and Hugh Grant, on my doorstep. Should I add Tom Chaplin and Tim Wheeler as well? Oooh. I would have added Chris Martin into the list, but…
- Tip Top or Bulla ice cream. Yummy.
- these CDs: Ash (Intergalactic Sonic 7’s, Meltdown), The Ataris (So Long Astoria), Badly Drawn Boy (OST – About A Boy, The Hour of Bewilderbeast), Coldplay (A Rush of Blood to the Head, Live 2003), Franz Ferdinand (self-titled), Fuel (Something Like Human, Natural Selection), Incubus (Crow Left of the Murder), John Mayer (Room for Squares), Keane (Hopes and Fears), Radiohead (The Bends, Hail to the Thief), Snow Patrol (Final Straw), Starsailor (Silence Is Easy), The Stills (Logic Will Break Your Heart), Travis (The Man Who, 12 Memories), The Used (self-titled). Yes, all twenty one of them – although I think I am still missing quite a handful.
- an iPod. Oh, joy!
- the nine (or ten) boxed DVD set of the Matrix trilogy. Now (yes, I am aware that it is yet to be released).
- books from the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance series. Particularly ones with Drizzt Do’ Urden and Raistlin Majere in it.
- movie DVDs: About A Boy, Almost Famous, Blade Runner, The Green Mile, The Lord of the Rings, Notting Hill, Requiem for a Dream, Reservoir Dogs, Shrek, Waking Life.
- Matrix action figures. Especially the Sentinel.
- piano scores from Badly Drawn Boy and Coldplay. Why, my piano playing skills are a bit rusty.
- and yes, a freakin’ guitar.
Any of the above, and you will get a Gmail invitation from me.
You should have known me well enough by now to not take me seriously, I hope.
The last few items were from my current wishlist, actually (what, you think I am that sadistic to have you perform certain disgraceful acts?).
Alternately, you can be the first to just drop me some words (and your email address, of course!) in the comment box saying that you need a Gmail account (if you do not have one yet), and the invitation will be sent to you. I have only one invitation to give away.
Edit: Oops! This Gmail invitation giveaway has to be postponed indefinitely due to undisclosed reasons. It will be opened again soon. Hopefully.